XBE hosted Horizon Live 2022, our first user conference, from February 28th to March 2nd in Kansas City. It was a great success, and we're excited to share some of the highlights.
By The Numbers
Attendance and engagement blew away our expectations.
- 122 attendees
- 22 companies
- 17 sessions
- 35 speakers
- 20 release notes
- 2 parties
We surveyed attendees after the event, and they loved it!
- Overall: 9.0 / 10
- Networking: 9.2 / 10
- Content: 8.7 / 10
- Venue: 8.7 / 10
- Plan to attend future XBE events: 9.5 / 10
Countless Little Touches
The XBE team did a fantastic job sweating the little details that made the event so special. Some of my favorite bits include:
- Hand-written "Mad Libs"-style thank you cards
- XBE-branded tote bags, t-shirts, notebooks, coasters, and more swag
- Attendee awards (best dancer, best accent, etc)
- Personalized entry music for every speaker
- Six styles of custom XBE stickers
No detail was too small to care about except for Grant Wollenhaupt's shorts on Tuesday morning. They were too small.
With such a large and diverse group of attendees, the topics of conversation and presentation were wide ranging. A handful of themes stood out:
- The XBE community is bigger than people realized!
- The Gallagher Asphalt team has done an impressive job blazing the trail regarding long-term scheduling and backlog management and others are ready to follow in their footsteps.
- People are hungry for technical content and networking opportunities - the more, the better.
- Everyone struggles with the same challenges and benefits from collaboration and shared solutions.
We loved the photos captured by Mark, our event photographer. Here are 10 favorites:
Wind In Our Sails
Horizon Live 2022 was XBE's first event, and it was a lot of work. But, every bit of energy that we put in was returned to us two-fold.
We're thankful for the relationships (new and old), collaboration, and insight that we gained. It's amazing to see the community connecting in new and valuable ways.
Stay tuned for a recap video in the coming weeks!
Founder & CEO, XBE