INDIA & USA, June 16, 2022 -- XBE is hosting its first bi-annual Jugaad on Wednesday, June 22, 2022. The event is a friendly internal team-based competition to build the most popular feature release in a single day.
"Jugaad" is a colloquial Hindi word that means “a flexible approach to problem-solving that uses limited resources in an innovative way”. It has a positive vibe to it, and captures the spirit of XBE's product development efforts.
The goal of the event is three-fold:
- Learn something new
- Create beneficial features
- Build lasting relationships
Based on those goals, the following rules were developed:
- Teams will be 2-3 programmers plus any other members of the XBE community
- Each team will create a single release note and matching feature
- All programming must happen on the day of the Jugaad
- Release note writing and development planning can take place prior
- The winning team will be the one that receives the largest customer response to its release note
"Some of my favorite programming memories are Rails Rumbles during the early 2010s," said Sean Devine, Founder & CEO of XBE. "The first couple years of XBE felt like an extended hackathon, and we're excited to bring some of that energy to 2022."
As XBE is a global team, collaboration will take place remotely between team members in India and the USA.
XBE encourages programmers interested in joining its team to apply at www.x-b-e.com/hiring/software-developer.
Results will be announced after the completion of the Jugaad once the release notes are published.
XBE is the science and technology competitive advantage of horizontal construction leaders. The best run on us. For more information, visit www.x-b-e.com.